Saturday, October 30, 2004

Subway observations

After reading Subwayland by a New York Times columnist, I started to think about how weird the New York City subway system is. Here is what I got so far:

--You can buy anything on the subway except a used car. Everything from DVDs to watches, and candy.

--You can haul everything on the subway. Even delivery guys use the subway to move things. I have seen guys halling newspaper bundles to stores on a cart. Heck, even today I lugged home a vacuum cleaner.

--Figure out what the latest popular books are becauseeveryone reads on the subway. Might as well join one of the most literary bunch of people percentage wise. I guess illeterate people don't ride the subway.

--The most hot, humid and stuffy places I know of are New York City subway stations. Visit one and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts