Friday, August 19, 2005

Havin' a ball 'til it hurts

TorontoSun.com - Thane Burnett - Havin' a ball 'til it hurts

Just when I thought I had seen it all in terms of contests, this one past my nose as I was reading th Toronto Sun at Second Cup in Aurora. Apparently there is a competition for cannonballers in Toronto every year complete with celebrity judges. Ok. I admit a newspaper columnist may not be big celebrity like American Idol might have, but when you first start out you need to start small.

In terms of weird competitions I would rank the cannonball contest up there with the Nathan's Famous hot dog eating conference which I went and saw on July 4th (blog entry here).

I guess the average guy needs to have his or own competitions that don't require steriods. As we all know the games of baseball and others have become out of reach due to people injecting their bodies with god knows what. I guess good old cannonballing might be the next target for drug manufacturers perhaps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts