Saturday, January 28, 2006

An interesting morning

Yesterday morning (Friday) I woke up at 5:45 A.M. and decided to get up. This time is not that unusual since I normally get up at 6:00 A.M. in order to get to work on time. But 5:45 A.M. I was having this debate, do I get up and sacrifice the fifteen minutes of sleep or do I sleep for fifteen minutes and then be miffed at myself for interupting a good dream that would just have started. I decided to forgo the fifteen minutes of sleep and get my act together.

I went out the side door and picked up the Toronto Star newspaper and had a nice breakfast reading the morning's news.

I looked at the clock and it was around 6:20 ish. I lightly placed my dishes in the sink and headed towards the door grabbing my coat on the way. I even picked up my brand new book I read on the bus and walked out front.

Half way down the driveway I stopped suddenly. There was a grey car upside down in the ditch. I thought to myself "HOLY SHIT!" At first I thought it was my parents grey Saturn. But that worry was put to rest when my right hand hit glass when I turned around to head back inside the house. Our Saturn was safely, undamaged, in the driveway next me.

I called my father from the door twice and told him to look out the front window. I was waiting a response, but all I got was dead silence then he came out of his bedroom.

"Is there anyone inside?" Dad inquired.

I replied "I don't know I was too busy going 'HOLY SHIT'!"

We both headed outside again and peered inside the car. Nobody was there. The driver's side window had been broken and there was footprints all around the car.

The long story short. The car had been stolen from a couple of streets over.

It made for quite the morning and a cool Friday to tell my story at the office!

1 comment:

  1. Not to ignore the car, but that extra fifteen minutes of sleep is of premium value to me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts