Sunday, June 25, 2006

A day in Toronto

Yesterday I decided to check out the Toronto Blue Jays take on the New York Mets at Toronto's Rogers Centre. It was a great game with the Blue Jays taking the came 7-4 with Roy "Doc" Halliday starting for the Jays. The game was all Blue Jays right up until the end when B.J. Ryan struck out two and had one fly out to mid outfield to end the game. Ryan made the final three Mets batters look like little leaguers playing in the major leagues. In other words, Ryan threw the pitches right past them.

But the fun part was getting to Rogers Centre.

I prebought my tickets at the Aurora Roger's Video and then made my way down to the Woodbine Subway Station on the TTC Subway's Bloor-Danforth line.

Kew Beach


I then walked south to Kew Beach. Following that trek I walked slowly towards Toronto's downtown and the Rogers Centre for the baseball game.

Along the way I took pictures which you can see in the "Toronto" section of my photo scrapbook on the main website here. It was a nice bright sunshiny day to spend outdoors!

1 comment:

  1. That's quite the walk! You have some nice photos. Have you considered joining Flickr? It's a great photo sharing community and there are tons of us Torontonians or GTA'ers on it, including groups you can join that are devoted to all photos on or related to Toronto.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts