Sunday, January 21, 2007

Back from Vacation in Ottawa

From Wednesday January 10th until the following Monday I was on vacation in Ottawa.

It was nice to be able to take some time off and relax in a city that I used to live in but was able to return and visit too.

However, Ottawa was cold and snowy. Some might ask "Ottawa in January = Cold & Snowy". Not so a week earlier when the temperature was above zero and walking outside didn't seem like such a chore.

On this trip I took my new digital camera with me and took some fabolous pictures of Parliament Hill, Museum of Civilization, Wakefiled (Quebec) and much more. Check the Ottawa section of the scrapbook section of my website over the next little while as I add pictures from my trip.

What did I see? Lots of things like taking a tour of the Centre Block of Parliament Hill (the Parliamentary Library is reopened after four years of renovations and restoration!), the Museuam of Civilization which tells the history of Canada, the National Art Gallery and met up with Bill and his wife as well as another university friend.

However, there was a bad time...having to go back to work after a week off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts