Saturday, February 10, 2007

Chapter 13: Union Station

In case you are wonderin' what is going on with this post....click here.

In this chapter Joe Fiorito tells the story of a mysterious book he found in an old bookstore. Fiorito had picked up a mysterious Chinese handwritten cook book. Fiorito does some astounding research to find out the origins of the book. However, I won't go into detail here and spoil this chapter for you...you'll have to grab Fiorito's book!

There is something about walking into any bookstore and just letting your mind and your body wander. Chapters is one of my favourite places to cruise for interesting titles.

What am I looking for when I'm going? Am I looking for a specific book? No not really. I could care less what Oprah is currently reading or even what has won awards. I'm basically looking for a title, cover and/or author to catch my eye.

For example, I was wandering around a Chapters in Toronto and found Alan Alda's book, Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I've Learned, and bought it. Was I going into this store to specically pick up this book? No, I never even know Alda had writen this book.

The same thing happenned with Joe Fiorito's book interestingly enough.

But there are times I go into a book store and leave with nothing at all. Am I disspaointed I couldn't find anything to purchase in this case? No not really. I might find something that might pique my interest in the future that just happens not to be too exciting right now. My reading interests do change. I have moved from traditional fiction to more non-ficition books like Alan Alda's book and others like the Google Story.

You never know what you'll find in a book store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts