Saturday, May 23, 2009

Awkwardness without Cable

This past Wednesday at work my coworkers were having a conversation. There was a large group of ten to twelve of us sitting down for a celebration for a coworker. I found myself in sitting in the middle of one side of the table. To my right the conversation moved towards the television show Lost. Since I don't have cable and have barely watched the show I decided to change my attention to my left where another conversation was taking place.

To my horror they were discussing America's Next Top Model. I sat there kind of dumbfounded how to conversations ended up talking about television.

I just wanted to scream that there was life outside of television! There was a big world out there without television. But one of my foibles is being polite. So I just there quietly just wishing the topic of conversation would change either to my left or right, which it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts