Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Little Timothy's Before a Library Adventure

Recently, I made an appointment with one of the Ottawa Public Library's Business Librarians to help with a little research at the Nepean Centrepointe Branch.

Of course, not wanting to arrive late, I planned to arrive early.  Apparently so early in fact I was an hour early!  What to do. What to do.  Why not grab a snack at the nearby College Square shopping plaza where I found a Timothy's World Coffee (1379 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa)?  Sure!

I entered at 9:00 A.M. to find a couple of ladies sitting in the front area enjoying their coffee and a couple of students from the nearby Algonquin College studying with a  beverage of choice.

I approached the counter and reviewed my muffin options and was met by one of the employees.  I inquired as to what flavours of muffins were available that day and he started going through the many options.  I stopped him after about the 5th option and selected one.

The Order: 1 Blueberry muffin and 1 Medium blend medium black coffee.

The Barrista grabbed a muffin, poured the coffee, took my change and I was off to sit down.

The coffee was a good flavourful medium blend that was not too strong but not week either.  Hot enough but not tongue bothersome.

The blueberry muffin was still moist unlike other coffee shops that ship their muffins in that tend to be drier. The muffin was pretty tasty with no blueberries skimped on.

Overall, if you are a looking for a quality coffee with lots of selection of muffins, Timothy's World Coffee at College Square is a good choice.  This location is probably a favourite on many student's list as they also have free wifi and comfy seating to enjoy a coffee while studying.  It's closeness to the Ottawa Public Library's Nepean Centrepointe Branch also means you can enjoy a good book with a cup of coffee after a library adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts